Friday, March 12, 2010

Fibromyalgia: a.k.a The princess and the pea syndrome

Well, at least for me anyway. There hasn’t been a chair created yet that I can comfortably sit on. The sofa is no better even with a memory foam mattress pad on it. I can feel every bump and wrinkle no matter how far down it is. I’ve nick-named fibromyalgia, the “princess and the pea” syndrome for that reason. I have to switch positions often even when on the sofa. It’s a nightmare to sit for any length of time whether it be at the doctor’s officer or worship or at someone’s house. The only “comfortable” chair seems to be a wheelchair. I’ve started using that when I go to the doctor.

Sleeping brings the same problems too. I own several pillows and some of them are going to be tossed out soon because they’ve become too lumpy. You would think that we, in this day and age, would be able to come up with a pillow and chair that would be comfortable enough for anyone to sit on.

[Via http://ladybug45.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment