Friday, October 30, 2009

EIGHT DROPS OF OIL TO A SANER LIFE

“With the increasing demand for holistic health care and the ‘green revolution’, the demand for aromatherapy will increase, and hopefully we will reach the point where medical doctors incorporate it into their repertoire. It will become routine for doctors to send culture samples to the pharmacist for testing, and identify the relevant aromatherapy for the patient. The stress-relieving properties associated with aromatherapy make it an indispensable part of health care.”

-Robert Tisserand, of London, England

Today, when I went to the chiropractor, she told me that there was a cancellation with the massage therapist who works with her and she has certification regarding aromatherapy oils.  I immediately took that appointment and met with her hoping I might learn how these oils can help with my chemical sensitivities.

And what I found most interesting was this woman’s caution never to use more than 25 ml of oil per day.  Any more than that can be toxic!  That information I need to pass on to a woman I know since she burns those oils often.  Anyways, this woman says she is careful not to use the oils very often at home since she is exposed to them at work!!  There are even some oils pregnant women shouldn’t use and of course if they are used for young children the amount used is  reduced.  Therefore, the first thing I learned today is that it is not like burning a scented candle.  These oils have “power” and that power must be used with caution and with knowledge.  Therefore I am glad I didn’t just decide to call a store that sells these oils and just try something!

This woman I spoke to today doesn’t sell oils but she gave me an idea of how much each one she recommends should cost so that I make sure I purchase a quality oil.   I thought it would just be easier to order the same oils she does and now I am in the process of getting information about the company New Directions.   She recommended 3 oils to combine and one of the small bottles costs $50.00!

I asked her if her patients with MCS have had much success with the use of oils and she said yes, but the people she has treated haven’t had as severe reactions as mine..  More commonly their eyes burn and they get headaches and their reaction doesn’t last very long.  However, I’m thinking that even a little improvement is good and so I have decided to try using these oils.

When I asked how to use these oils, she said I could burn 25 ml every day or just add it to some cream, or just purchase a spritzer and spray it on my clothes or on my wrist. Initially, I thought I was looking for an oil just to use when I entered an airplane or store or new building, but using it every day means that that sensitivity should always be lowered.  This is a great advantage I won’t have to remember to spray some oil on me just prior to entering a building.

Well, one thing my husband and children will attest to – I have certainly tried a lot of different treatments over the years on this quest for health!   And here goes one more interesting venture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment