Wednesday, October 28, 2009

REST IS A FOUR LETTER WORD

I am still trying to recuperate from my exposure to multiple chemicals and this morning I began the treatment protocol to pull out more mercury from my body that seems to affect my body adversely.   I am not struggling as much as I was on the weekend but enough to require lots of rest.  Greg came home for lunch and as he was getting ready to leave, I was just laying on the sofa.  He came in the family room to say goodbye and to remind me to just go to bed and get lots of rest this afternoon.  I smiled but said, “ The word rest has become another four-letter word to me. In fact, I am ready to use other four letter words than the word rest!”  He joked, “I wouldn’t blog about that!!”  My response was that I didn’t think I would blog today since I doubted I would have anything too positive to write!

And yet here I write!  I know from past experience, these are the days when I need to remind myself I have gone through setbacks lots of times and I have pulled through them.  I need to remind myself that I am resilient and that nothing is going to prevent my goal of getting healthy .  These are the days when I must assess my priorities.  Do I want to get well and do what is necessary or do I want to whine and rebel and do things that can jeopardize my progress? On these days when I am attacked by doubts and fear that I am setting myself up for disappointment, I must choose to rebuke those thoughts.

I am really not the kind of person who uses profane four letter words, but my comment was my way of expressing frustration and impatience.  However, perhaps I wasn’t so wrong when I made my retort to Greg.  I do need to replace the word REST and instead focus on other four letter words such as HOPE,  LOVE, and  PRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment