Monday, November 2, 2009

i did it... and i'm gonna celebrate it!!

YAY!! I did it!!

Okay… all I’m sayin’ is… I DID IT! I was in some serious pain and I really believed I was not going to be able to go out with the kids trick-or-treating… but I ate some food, put my shoes on and I walked out the door.

So let me backtrack a bit. I went to my daughter’s soccer game in the afternoon and thought I was going to have to go to bed on the way home from that. I was almost in tears on the way home, my body hurt so bad. I just took some deep breaths and when I got home, I sat down and relaxed for about 20 minutes before folks started coming to the house.

As family and friends came over and we started to get the food out and the kids started to get ready, I started to get excited and at the same time really nervous… “would my body fail me… would I just go for it and pay later...”

My sister-in-law drove over the hill from Santa Cruz, bringing with her my 11-year-old niece and 3-year-old nephew… God bless her for that!

As we all stepped out the door to go trick-or-treating, the thoughts going through my mind… “please don’t make me have to call my husband to pick me up… body, please don’t fail me now… just let me have fun on this Halloween night!“

My nephew kept me laughing for the next hour and a half as we walked the neighborhood. He was sooooo excited, his excitement and happiness from the night just overflowed and had me smiling and laughing!! He ran from house to house to house and told us every piece of candy he got from each house. He was first at the door in front of the big kids. He said “Trick-or-Treat”, “Thank You! Happy Halloween!” at every single house without being told. He knew to only go to the houses with the lights on, he told us which houses to go to… he carried that bag of candy by himself and did not complain ONE TIME! Man! I was in awe of this child… how can we bottle up that joy? At the end his bag of candy had to weigh at least 1/2 his body weight! He carried it like Santa carries his bag of toys, slung over his shoulder…

So… yes… I am celebrating the fact that I walked the neighborhood and didn’t have to be picked up!

Mostly, I am celebrating the fact that I have this little angel to be thankful for, that made me so happy and allowed me to enjoy Halloween for another year.

Stay cool and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment